Monday 23 May 2022

what's a model for ?




Well, what's a model for - 

if not to lead to 'meta'?

to actualize some more

potential, or see better.


A flag-ship phone's new model

tries to do a better job.

A model of a building

might be, before it's built..

might be to test the look

or function of roof tilt,

or just to show to others

what's in mind of architect.


A metaphor's a model

meant to lead us into more

that's realer, better, truer,

else what is a 'meta' for?


And every day I use them

when I say "This food's divine!",

or hear "Look out!", or choose when

to "Look into …" what's mine.


"Some matter to be looked at", 

works for humans- you, and me,

when the matter can't be patted

we're talking abstractly


To "Look into some matter"

works for humans- me, and you,

the speaker and the act-er 

bring about what humans do.




And strangely, there this morning

waking up within my tent,

I saw, and felt a warning,

to act as one who's sent


to live, to move, to walk this way 

of metaphoric acts,

and see that I look through today 

or go through them in fact.


If metaphors are windows,

then too, they could be doors.

but if I never look, or go, 

through them, to me they're walls.


I'll just be left imagining,

and never knowing true.

It's like I've been caught in a dream,

or nightmare, sometimes too.




Article on concrete thinking, and abstract thinking, which outines (in a concrete way) some of the (more concrete) possibilities, of the understanding and use of metaphor, which is a part of abstract thinking.




No comments:

Post a Comment