Tuesday 17 May 2022

Monday 16 May 2022




Hoped to be going by 7 or 8am to make it more than half way to Lockhart by tomorrow night, before I set up camp at about 5pm… 

.

Actually walked out gate at 7:43am.

And passed the lakeside bbq's etc. 

.

Lovely spot. Heading towards Lockhart, though might turn off left on Cullivers Road to go towards Boree Creek if i need a quieter road, with not so many trucks. 


.


See how we go..

.

.


Goodbye to Federation Shire, 

.

Cullivers Road comes on the left, 

.

and I decide to keep on this bitumen one, the trucks aren't too bad. 

Now into Lockhart Shire

.

After my morning meditations, and focus time, as I walk along, I see a good spot to stop for morning tea at ~10:30am. 

.

I eat a sausage roll which was in the freezer last night, and dethawed nicely now. Have a cupvof hot tea from the thermos cup given by Tracey at Lalalty (i filled it this morning), and lay on my back with my feet on the trolley to minimize the swelling.


Off again an hour later.  I see some baling twine unwound by the side of the road, and ignore it. 50 meters further, on a corner I realize that here I've only got 30km to Lockhart, that's about 10km before I camp today..

.

And, beside me there's a little pile of twine, and without thinking much (other than that i might be able to tie the 10litre water container on top of the trolley instead of in it, if i need more room), i mechanically wrap it up… it goes all the way back to the first pile (my knife was in the trolley, so i couldn't cut it). Oh well..

.

.300m further on i see another strand… 

.

I think I've got enough. I'll leave that bit.



My lady (Katrina) will be so proud of me!




With only 18 km to go, I'm feeling fine, but I know my feet will get worse from here on. They are starting to feel strange already. So, I found a solitary tree amongst the knee high grasses beside the road about 20 or 30 off the road on damp soil. 

.

But no rain forecast for the night. I  pitch my tent about 10 metres further to the left where the ground is a bit higher. (You might be able to see two guideposts on the road to the right.)



No comments:

Post a Comment