Monday 9 May 2022

Tim Times

Tim Bikicki.

Text Wed 27 April: "Hey Paul. Tim passed away on Monday evening. I'll call you later when I can with more information. Regards. Michael."


And Mike did, he rang today, as I walked into Cobram, and told me that Tim's funeral is tomorrow in Melbourne. It doesn't look like I'll be there in body, but I'll be there in spirit. This is some of my recollections regarding Tim:


Well diff'rent people live their lives in ways

as diff'rent as they are. You knew it so, 

Tim, when I met you just the other day -

that morning I was just about to go.


You let me know through kindred, I'd be well-

come (& it seemed your brother was asleep).

No answer from a text, I couldn't tell

that you'd been up a while, just couldn't leap


up, and answer texts, for morning spew

time came around, right just at that same time. ..

And then I had a cup of tea with you.

We talked about a God who was sublime.


And I could see that though you used your mind,

and thought it was important so to do,

that mind was part of all, and you would bind

your all, to knowing as you were known too.


That kind of knowing superseded facts -

the kind of knowing friend has for a friend,

it's not so much a word thing, it's more acts,

& under Love's umbrella - in the end!


And after that, a part of me could not

but still react to what was doctrinaire.

It showed up part of me that is just rot.

I knew that I could stay, and learn, right there.


So on an invite (previously), I stayed.

And just as well, I drove you round the bend

(all the way, to Footscray,)

and heard your story, & of course we prayed,

and said "Goodb'ye*". And you were ready then.



*  I am told by one of my children's English teachers that "Goodbye" is a derivative (shortening some bits and lengthening others)  of "God b' wi' ye" or "God be with ye".


And, some memories from earlier in my blog, when i was there, at their farm: https://yvalker.blogspot.com/2022/03/thursdy-thirsty-to-learn.html 


No comments:

Post a Comment