Sunday 8 May 2022

What AM I doing?

 



I want to learn, and gather what I can 

I choose to use what "means" will least abuse,

I want to see about me, meet a man

or woman here and there, who introduce


you to the situations, folk, around

and like that Moses bloke, who with 'is sheep,

found he was walking on some holy ground

(each day he did 'is job, then went to sleep).


I s'pose he also let himself, like sheep,

and cattle do (when not razzed up, afraid),

get curious, and walk, and have a peep

at what is going on, at what's been made,


or happ'ning over there, or come this way.

I see Creative Love, who knew him, well -

his story to that day, his DNA, 

had set him up, with burning bush, to tell


him of a job to do, and some of what

to do, in fol'wing through, responses then.

In trying to escape this trap from God

(who made the Universe, then had children,


to join in with the fun, and share the love),

Ol' Moses found he couldn't sidestep out

with all the facts, he didn't know enough

to walk away from God, or just plain flout


his word, once given to him. Moses' "Cush-

y job", from this day forward, went past sheep.

I s'pose I'm looking at a burning bush.

Then later on, like him, I'll fall asleep.








No comments:

Post a Comment