Tuesday 17 May 2022

Sheepishly looking around

 



.




At noon  I looked beside me on the right,

And saw so many faces watching such

that as I looked, intending them no fright,

I saw that they ignored me very much,


For nibble-ing their food (as I was too),

they wandered up the hill as I do now

just making sure they didn't bump those who

were just in front, who stopped to take a bow.


With seventy two there, and one of me,

that makes a few ol' sheep, and young ones too,

in just the kind of place that here we be

a wand'ring up this hill. And how 'bout you?


Are any hillsides there where you might graze,

and spend your small time here on Earth in peace?

Instead of frantic running round in haze,

could simple trust live here, till we decease?


I am not meaning in our legislation,

like Peter Garret found with all those bats

(the insulation kind), a trust oblation

poured out for our democratic cats.


More, as we seek for wisdom to do well,

while knowing that we're foetuses as yet,

delighting to enjoy the sky and smell,

of food, and friends, and what fam'ly we get.


And if we can't quite see this higher plane,

on this dimension, with our Dad and Mum, 

coz they did not much help, and caused much pain,

well maybe sheep like us, can help you some?



https://youtu.be/L8CaSvdSij8






No comments:

Post a Comment