Thursday 26 May 2022

Motives affect outcomes..




I know the kind of life that lives itself.

It's motivated by what it d'sires.

And maybe any animal, in health,

has this as force, to energize the wires.


There are some questions that come to my mind,

that's "Where do my desires all come from?"

And "Are desires ordered, when combined?".

And answers are all given, right & wrong.


But other options have opened for me,

for I have seen some lives, not lived themselves.

Another thing intruded, now I see.

Addictions, and too love's whole commonwealth,


have pow'r to shape, that's stultifyingly,

or else to bring more options to this world.

One shrinks my life to animalic me.

The other lets authority unfurl.


Although it's not the "flavour of the month", 

politic'lly correct, I think it's true.

A fam'ly gutted with addiction's punch.

And one with Down's Syndrome that really bloomed.


I'm choosing, yet again, as I write this,

to let creative love unleash in me.

And as I do, I'm learning that a fist

can open up, and build a new country.


And right there's where you prob'ly want to stop.

The going can get tough from there on in.

To put creative love's rule at the top,

brings options that just never would have been!



No comments:

Post a Comment