Thursday 7 July 2022

Wisdom -

open to serendipity,

not omen-dipity.


Some people, and some thoughts, may appear to trying to be contrary. 

When in fact half, or more, of the message has come from our head, or our interpretive lens.


This picture shows a property sign I just passed. It says TARWONG. 

.

I immediately thought of those signs facing the wrong way on highway off-ramps: "Go back. You are going the wrong way", with an alternative wording being "Go back. You are going TARWONG way.

Should I turn back now?


And next there is this lane (I took the photo from the other side of the sign, that had the sun on it).

.

I could more satisfyingly draw from this, that "This is TAWONG LANE" and not feel that I had to go down it.





Creative love please give me wisdom to

be open to you each and ev'ry day,

not just be set in "These are things I'll do",

but open to your mind along the way.


Creative love is not against design

nor that poetic serendipity.

To think of others - it has got the time.

Its wisdom makes it more than a machine.


And if we'd like a metaphor that's wild,

we're given one that's very close to home:

a Mum and Dad who discipline their child,

because they care, and train, won't leave to roam.


So as a little child I can learn to 

do all the disciplines I know are good,

including ask for help from "I know who",

when I know that my wisdom lacks - or could.


So, that's what I am doing now with you,

creative love pursuing in this way,

to walk along this road, in slowed ways to

take notice, and to learn from you today.


And if I take tawong turn as I go

it doesn't really matter, if I share

my whole decision process, since you know

all futures possible, and you are there!


You don't just want acceptance of your rule,

you want your child to choose in ways like you,

not just to do as told, like dog-ish fool,

but grow to know and tell what is to do.




Wisdom calls us to be loyal to her, to know as we are known, to build up, not to puff up, & not to be seduced by any other way, whether it be deemed to be tarwite or tarwong way.





Calls Wisdom to be loyal unto her,

to know as we are known, to build up well

the goodness and the people who occur

to come across our path, in ways that smell


like cunning of creative love herself,

not puffing up with pride, or to inflate

in proud and boastful ways against good health,

& not seduced by any other way, 


to try to make an "ethical response",

where "ethics" means a system we create,

which deems to know tarwites & too tarwongs,

as though we hadn't just come here of  late.



No comments:

Post a Comment