Tuesday 26 July 2022

Tuesday 26July2022CE, still towards Narrabri..



Woke around 7, hoping I'd be packed by 7:30, took till 8:30 to be on the road… (a few rearrangements in what goes where, in the trolley, etc)


Into the Narrabri shire…

Stop for lunch break at 59km to Narrabri, fr9m 12:10pm -2:10 pm. My water bladder fell out of the trolley at one point, and now has a slight leak  so I got to spread things out in the sunshine to dry a bit. I've put the keak at the top now. Hope that works. Have to work out hiw to patch it or "shoe-goo" it.


I should be able to rest anywhere after 50km to Narrabri. That would be 25km for each of the next 2 days, arriving hopefully before sunset on Thursday arvo. It'd be nice to get in 25km today and have an easier day Thursday, butcthat would mean going to 47km from Narrabri. We'll see.(It would also be nice to not have a water leak etc)




It's "Thank you for the sunshine, and the breeze

that wafts around and shuffles all the leaves.

And though the dinosaurs aren't here to tame,

we've trucks and big machinery the same,


and some of these that travel past my side

do go so fast that if they did colide

the truck might keep on going unperturbed,

though all my family might be disturbed.


So tamed are they to human at the wheel,

that our connected culture brings a feel

of friendship, as they give some birth and toot,

this time that we are living is a hoot!


It's Paul Walker, (not Fast & Furious,

but walker, small, that's slow & spurious,

or) Slow & Steady, it could rightly be.

I've come from South Cape (Tazzy) and I see…


Daniel friendly workcontrol bloke came over to check me out,

.

He said he reckoned "This bloke will probably have a story". I said every person who's come over to talk has had a story or two themselves (they're like story gatherers - as am I). I found out he is from Orange, as am I. Might meet him back there one day?


.. a world of beauty, breezes, friendships too,

and though we might have sneezes, and feel blue,

when life seems covid over, we can do

what Dan just did to me, and walk a few


steps over road, and to some other one.

I think that in that act he has begun

a story with an end depending on

each choice along the way, till this life's gone.


And 'coz I really think that that is true,

I'm walking up the road, and might see you,

and learning from creative love, that's who

dreamed up this world, and keeps on dreaming too.




Pass though kilometres of road works, "luckily" near end of day, so I am able to just walk through. Ironically this is probably what makes it not so bad for me on such a busy Highway (that I normally try to keep off), since  the trucks and cars came in clumps, that are easier to deal with.


And would you belive it then Dylan called,

it spooked me at first, then he jumped

right down from the mounds of dirt that were sprawled

there near some big truck. Then we bumped,


shook hands, and I saw 'n inquisitive bloke

who wouldn't just do a job well,

he wanted his chances of friendship to stoke

connections that work against hell.

.


He wanted to show what respect that he could

and got me to write my blogspot

with sharpie, on shoulder of vest so he would

be able to give it a shot..


and follow the trip as he could through the year,

and see if I get to the top.

Might see him in Coona one day, then we'd cheer,

& who knows then, when we would stop?


Dylan, from Kempsie originally, whose girlfriend lives in Coonabarabran, jumped over a mound of dirt to yell G'day! He's with the DMB working on this road. He showed some great respect for a traveller who would pass his way quite slow, but surely too. Go well with your labouring that keeps the whole highway upgrade going, Dylan!




Looks like I'll stop the walking at 50km from Narrabri, 

.


and start from this same spot in the morning. 





No comments:

Post a Comment