Saturday 23 July 2022

Saturday, 23 July 2022am, from Coonabarabran on which Highway?



Plan, the night before, is to join Paul with an online get-together which he does with some mates every (or every 2nd?) Saturday morning, from 7:30-9am. Then Paul will drive me to the intersection of the two Highways, where I walked to yesterday, and I'll go on from there. I trust that if one way is preferable for the bigger scheme of things, then creative love will give me a prompt in that direction, or else just plain be with me either way. Good to recall.




Met Lyn last night, and here we are after breaky:

.

Plan

Then after an online meeting with a bunch of his mates, and another hour or two of research, with the help of Paul & Lyn, Paul drove me out to the turn off towards Narrabri (about 11am), 

.

.

I've decided, after looking at maps of Eastern Australia, and ringing pubs and servos nearby, to head for Narrabri, thence i hope to go to Bellata, Moree, Mungindi, St. George… as things stand…(they might change). Now I've cancelled a pencilled in booking at Burren Junction Hotel, and I'm off.



At 11:30am I come accross this sign:

.

We'll see if I can make more than 10 km today.



Around noon, Noel, a nearly 90yr old from Coona met me at the rest station just out of town.we talked for 20 min.  He told me of an old chap whose wife had died, whose next partner had got dimenture, and who at times felt extremely lonely. He had to go, in that little blue car of his. 

.,

But i got some wisdom from him on the way, (He must have said "It's a wonderful land we live in." 3 or 4 times, and If I wake in the morning, it's a plus. tIt seemed like he took these things as a lovely gift, and was determined to be grateful for them)- and he helped me fix up me spare tyre which was about to fall off. Thanks Noel.





1:10pm a couple travelling to Airlie Beach stop at a loo stop after me. The lady talks and asks what I'm doing this walk for. We might see each other up there somewhere. Then we are both off..

.

on the road again.


Stopped on the edge of the piliga forrest about 2:20pm, to put my feet up. Funny how it slows you down to put you feet up,

.

& look up a tree for 40 min a day.

.

Let the pressure out of some blisters then head off by about 3pm. Hoping to stop around 5pm, and set up tent.




No comments:

Post a Comment