Monday 18 July 2022

Monday 18July2022 (almost) to Mendooran



8:37am my son-in-law drops me back at the spot on the Mendooran Road 

.

and drives off to drop my trolley at where I'm set to stay for the night, nearly at Mendooran… Then he stops for a cuppa on his way back, 

.

while I put my feet up. 

.

And off he goes, back to life and work in Dubbo.

.

I am trying a new pair of shoes out today. Silly not to have  brought my old faithfuls in my day pack as backups. But as my feet ache I sing and write extra verses to get my mind off the pain.


After 4pm, cold breeze coming on.


Cynthia and Rod Hamilton, 23 yrs in Mendooran, stopped (after passing me twice) to offer me a lift to the pub. When I said "No, but thanks for such a generous offer, it's a kind of pilgrimage, and I think I have to (& really want to) walk it." They still smilingly welcomed me, and we talked for 15 min or so, then, as it got colder I accepted their offer to drive me to the Farmer's place 10km off the highway, where I had been offered a bed fir the night. Took pictures of the road side, in order to get back to the same spot.

.

Glad to get a lift to where my trolley had been dropped in the morning by my son-in-law.

.

The Knight family, Charlie & Kay, at Boxwood, put me up for the night and gave me a lovely dinner, shower & and warm bed. We saw some You Tube videos together including an interview between Bono (of U2) & Eugene Petersen (Who translated the whole Christian Bible into modern English), where they discussed the poetry of the psalms and how that works with life nowadays, and how to use them. Early start, and they'll drop me back to where Cynthia and Rod picked me up this arvo. Then off towards Coonabarabran. Charlie suggests a back track and that they could pick me up 20 km down the road at the end of the day tomorrow, and give me a bed for another night, then drop me and my trolley back to that spot. Yipee! No trolley for another day. How kind. I accept.




No comments:

Post a Comment