Wednesday 20 July 2022

Wed 20July2022, to Binnaway..



Morning, Kaye dropped me off with trolley, at the spot I was picked up from yesterday…

.

.

.

.. & I started again this morning a few k's out of the little locality of Neilrex.

Rang and talked with a few friends, and stopped briefly to find an asprin &  put my feet up by the side of the road before 10:30am.

A bit of a problem… because Neil Cosgrove was driving oast with some sheep on the cage behind him, saw my feet up and the little wave I gave with my hands and thought i might be in trouble… so stopped. 

.

What a thoughtful chap.  Eek, I explained that I was just putting my feet up.. I'll have to get out of view next time, or signal with a thumbs up!


Wild flowers on the side of the road..

.

I wonder if it is Status?


I've picked up a flat in the front (RHS) tyre on my trolley. (I've got goop in the tubes to help minimize this). Bit harder to pull. I think I'll try to stop a car and ask if they've got a pump? 

Not the first car.

Maybe I need to invest in a pressure can of Zsshhh tyre inflater?


Finally, Duncan and his lady stopped and had a little compressor. 

.

But… i'd done the tyre in, and maybe the tube. Even with the goop in the tyre, though we got it pumped up, it didn't hold…

Thanks you two, for letting me have a go at pumping it up… 


Nick Kroh from Binnaway was trying to get out here, with a trailer, when his lady gets back home. Maybe we can get the trolley there another way, and I can still walk? We'll see. Creative love is still hanging around, what an adventure!


1:38pm.


In the next 5 minutes Nick arrived with a big IVECO van full of tree cuttings, which we puled up, then squashed the trolley in at the front, through the side door. He was happy to take the trolley home, and wait for me to walk there, hoping to arrive around 5pm. How good is that! 


2:15pm have to rest these feet, uo on a fence post, behind a tree this time.


Then the fastest straightest way to Binnaway, practicing tightrope walking for some of it.


I made, tured, sore feet and all, by around 5pm.


Then Inika and Nick welcomed me in with a hot cuppa and we basically talked till after 10:30pm.


At one point I mentioned that I didn't know what I was going to do about my flat tyre. Inika said it's already fixed. Nick had worked on it with a local mechanic and they had put 2 solid tyres on the front (they shouldn't go flat again) and gave me a spare tube for the back two..


Wow! Talk about "looked after", and "...before they call, I will answer". How good is that! Thanks to creative love and the people working with creative love, Inika, Nick, and that Mechanic ( who took the solid wheels off his trolley for mine! 




No comments:

Post a Comment