Tuesday 5 July 2022

Morning meditation 220706- creative love covenants

 creative love covenants


My good woman let me out of the car this morning, but she didn't let me down. In fact her whole demeanour is increasingly to build up. Sharing life with her got me thinking…




My woman's good and she is certainly

the closest neighbour that I have on Earth,

I can't this moment understand, nor see

why I am so affected - on her turf.


A hint of her reproach (or disrespect),

in tone, or (over)look, in deed or word,

has such a disproportionate affect,

she has a way to really get me stirred.


And not just in some surface way, I feel

to really have a soal* connection with

this creature of such beauty that is real,

but comes from deeper metaphor than "kith",


akin to the deep diff'rences between

a covenant-or, or a contract-or:

A covenant enacted means there's been

a life put on the line, the treasure store.


But on the other hand a contractor

has limited their liabilities

in such a way they can't be asked for more,

the contract stipulates the payment fees.


But she I see gets up before it dawned,

and just decides to pay her debt of love.

It is a "pay it forward" scheme HE spawned,

or bought into, with what comes from above;


eternal currency that's covenant.

And I would learn to let this move each step

today I make, and ev'ry breath I pant,

full knowing by the end I will have wept, 


but also, too, I trust I will be kept

within, and growing up, inside that love,

a whole life lived within this world now dreamt

by love and truth, the two wings of this dove


who flies beside me in each bird that tweets

its message of abundant life in notes

that can be picked up freely in the streets;

"eternal covenant"  each one denotes.


And as my two feet mimic those two wings

& move me slowly through this lovely world,

I think it should be gardened by who sings

the songs of all the stories it has told.



* soal: to give the phonemes of both "soul" (meaning that core non-physical part of our beings that is the locus for our personality,  history, culture, language, sense of humour etc.), and "sole" (not in the sense of the fish, or the bottom of a foot or shoe, but in the sense of the only one, solitary) because both are true & work well in this context.


No comments:

Post a Comment