Thursday 7 July 2022

Thursd'y - for more 220707

Thursd'y - for more


Woke early, with time to think of boats being blown onto the rocks by the wind. That the winds of change are not always capricious, though they might be full of whimsy, dreams, and adventure (bigger than Empires and Emperors).  Mulling these things over.


At 8:35am my good woman drops me off in the general vicinity of where she picked me up last night.  By 8:42am I've matched the bits of road (from past night's picture, & the view here in the day light. Yup (as I noted from behind it, last night as we drove off, and guessed), I was just a couple of hundred metres past the little sign that said W30 (Wellington, 30 km). 


Taking a break after the sign that said Wellington 21km; I've been walking from 8:42am-10:25am = 1hr and 43 min. During this I have travelled 9 km, so I am doing about 9km÷1.72hr = ~5 km/hr. Ok.


Then phone 3 or 4 phone calls (each 40min -2 hr) with mates keep me going for most of the arvo.


I make it to Wellington (McDonalds) about 4:30pm. I need to rest with my feet up on a pole, then my lady arrives to pick me up around 5pm, we get a coffee and toasty and head off for dinner and chat with family in Orange.


Blisters  on 4th toes on each foot.



No comments:

Post a Comment