Monday 10 June 2024

Second rest day in Roma..

Monday 10May'24..

Woke, & had to get out of the building before 8. We made it about 7:50am.

 

Finally decided (last night) to refrain from food until just before sunset today, to try to focus on the questions of direction, for my family & friends back at home, and my friends here, and my own direction in the next while, and to clarify my impetuses.


Walked with Ethan to a coffee shop "Tasting Co" next to the Royal Hotel in town, where we wondered about eating tonight or tomorrow night. We talked for a bit, I had hot water, waited for Vinnie's to open. Ethan did some proof reading of his travel journal book, and I wrote a poem about what came to mind.. I woke this morning thinking of a quote that one of the pious founders of America (I think one of the pilgrim father's) had said... About God carrying his beloved forward, even in their sleep....


Now I'll see if I can make a doctor's appointment to get some anti-gout medication. It started flaring up Sunday morning, possibly after having some lovely chilli tuna on Sat.



No comments:

Post a Comment