Saturday 8 June 2024

Day 7 - from 55km from Roma to 30km from Roma

 


Dew slowed us a bit, but up around 7 & got going probably around 8:15am… 

Recited anvold poem we’d be memorising, to think about. Walked mostly separately, for space to think etc.

Matt Gane who knew Shane Willis (whom I had contacted yesterday morning), stopped on his way to work in Surat, briefly offered to pick up the trolley and drop it in to Roma for us. When I said we need it tonight, & I need to walk, he offered to pick it up Saturday morning which does mean we can go further, and might make it to Roma Saturday! Woohoo! Looks like we can join in with Life Church on Sunday, at least. Thanks Matt.

Then I found Ethan waiting at the turn off to the next bore. We decided to walk on & give it a miss.

Then a campervan passed us, turned around, and came back for a chat. An older couple off on an adventure themselves:


Zelda & Erik told us some of their story, which I thought I was videoing, but in fact it only started when I thought I was turning it off because another car was coming. So all I've got is a poor shot of both with my dumb thumb covering the edge. They were travelling from Ballarat to Currumbin up in the gulf of Carpentaria, and stopped to talk to some fellow travellers. How lovely to meet some humans on this earth. We thanked them for their initiative in connecting.

<<sorry that the video didn’t work out you two. I hope I got your names right, that was on the video I never took.>>


We said good bye then caught up with each other briefly. Ethan is thinking through some big issues at the moment, so  needs more alone time, so he went on ahead. 

I soon needed a break and stopped for 45min. Up and at it again…11:50am


We made it after 6pm to the rest stop we were gunning for. About 30km from the Roma Post Office, Sorted out gear for the morning and stretched out under a shelter, to save time packing a tent in the morning. A couple of texts and phone calls now that we are in range.


No comments:

Post a Comment