Sunday 2 June 2024

Second day on the trail from St. George..



Saturday morning. Michael & Robyn have a dig day ahead. Mich cooks us up some ham & eggs, and get us out to the exact spot we stopped at yesterday, by (or before)  about 8:30 am.  Feet very sore, my blisters, form nicely during the second day.


We realise again that it really is a pilgrimage through the world owned by creative love. We start the day with our walk-alone time. I send Ethan ahead, he is faster. It drizzled most of the morning and when we stop for our first beak 2 or three hours later we’ve both got our plastic ponchos on. There is a little break in the spitting rain, and I lie with my legs up a hill to drain their swelling and to hopefully minimize  their blisters.  We have yesterday chosen a psalm to learn to meditate on. First job (that we did yesterday) was to

  • read it in 5-7 English translations

  • Then choose one to memorise

  • Then learn it, say it together, responsivly, on our own. I made it into a song/ ditty. 

  • We want to finish memorising it today, but only get ⅔ if the way, by the end of the day.

  • Later that night, before the next morning, I start a creative reflection on it, or the first concept addressed - who it is addressing. Images of Partnership. That was fun.



We stop 3 more times. I with my legs up to drain them. Then get going (more painfully) again. And then Michael picks us up at 5:30 pm




 we just get to the edge of the Ballone Shire.



Then it was back into town, 

  • quick talk on the phone  to Michael’s brother whom it turns out that I had an acquaintance with before (and when) they got married ~30 years ago

  • Collect my trolley from Michael’s shed, on his ute 

  • Home to Michael & Robyn’s place, hot showers, a lovely dinner just the four of us around a little fire, out the back, finger food, pizza, steak, chicken wings, billy tea.

  • I let the pressure off some blisters using a needle coming under the skin from the side. 

  • Ethan & I look through the trolley.

  • Some telly for some, and I go to bed to put my legs up some more.


It’s been a precious day. Still learning how to actively listen to Creative Love & to people, to give it a chance to grow in us.




1 comment:

  1. Hope the blisters ease soon. Good on you for pushing thru rain & pain!

    ReplyDelete