Monday 22 July 2024

Walking Day 42 (from St.George)

Mon 22July2024; from Elston Hills, 42km S of Charters Towers (CT) towards CT.


True to his word, (better than his word, because I was slow in getting everything packed, & me ready), Clem dropped my Trolley safely ahead then dropped me back at his front gate. With just a day-pack & a walking stick.


Clem & Tracene, thanks heaps for your very kind hospitality!


At 9am I was off. I passed a bit of a fence which we fixed up yesterday. 


And off into a beautiful cool morning (@16°C) walking in dappled shade:



I’ll try listening to a good book for a while.


A break around 12:30pm. Listened to bits of three very interesting books. A couple of mates rang and talked for a while, & finally arrived at the trolley, still intact. And had some dinner. 

A whole bunch of lovely common things, putting my feet up,

making a nice coffee with a coffee bag, & cream. Listening to audio books, writing a poem to my mum (who often reads her scriptures) thinking of her body getting frailer, feeling tired, but still determined to give and to love others. 


A campervan came to the area around sunset, but stayed to themselves. Nice to know there are others nearby though. In the tent myself by ~7pm , a phone call left to make, then read and bed. 


Glenn thinks a friend might be able to drop my trolley off tomorrow at the general store/ servo near where I hope to stay... He said there are a few big hills yet to come. If so, that would be lovely! Eh?


Good night.



No comments:

Post a Comment