Thursday 25 July 2024

A break for a medical check-up, and see how the fam & my community at home in Orange is faring. (Thurs 25July2024 - ?)




(The trolley is being baby-sat in a shed in CT; until I return (this year or next year?), hopefully with a support vehicle; Glenn is planning to give me a lift to the Townsville airport; to fly to Sydney thence train/bus to Orange, NSW.)





Still getting advice and listing pros & cons re. whether to go up the Greenvale way, or through Townsville & up the coast. It might depend on whether I can get a mate or two, with a support vehicle, or not. It certainly was fun with my daughter & son-in-law last week around Balyando Crossing. Well we’ll find out by asking, listening, looking, learning, & living into it, following the thread laid by creative committed love. Here goes!



Thanks to everyone who has acted in the support crew role so far. Especially as I’ve come to sparcer country up here near Charters Towers. You rock! I have grown and hope to be a better neighbour to everyone I rub shoulders with on planet Earth because of it. If I am, the blame for that might come back on your shoulders as much as mine.


Thanks for the team-work struck up in an impromptu manner, but no less team-work because of it, maybe even because of that - a deeper kind of team-work. Don’t let yourself become stressed out, or cynical. Keep teaming up with creative friendship and determined helpfulness. We might get a chance to meet again. I hope so. Feel free to comment here, and leave a phone number or email address, I should eventually get it, or ring me and leave a message on 0461258293 (but fill me in on where you fit in, I’ve met a lot of people by now). Visit me, my family, my community, in Orange, NSW.  


My biggest support has actually been creative-friendship/ determined-helpfulness. Thank you.


I’ll post here on this blog, when I know more myself about the next leg up.


One step after another. One leg after another. “Following the thread” (read, or listen to, the very old children’s fantasy book called The Princess & the Goblin, by the Scottish author George MacDonald, to get a lovely “picture painted” of this metaphor).


A great trip to Townsville with Glenn, & met his Mum & a friend of hers over coffee.

Saw the beach at Townsville, and the sights from Castle Hill(?) before Glenn dropped me at the airport. Thanks Glenn, (& Mrs Walker, & Viv.). How thoughtful and lovely to see Magnetic Island etc..

Then Jesse, who showed me round CT yesterday, met me earlier than I had said, but right on time, as soon as I walked in, at the airport. We had lunch together, good news about prices, even since yesterday! Jesse shouted me lunch and we talked till the last minute. Thanks Jesse. All the best with all your amazing plans for the future. 

Again, how amazing to live in such a world where there are people who reflect an overall view of that "golden rule" (though it works better as an expression of relationship, than as an expression of a rule). Thanks to wise & open-handed friendship.


..

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your smiling face in a day or two. What a trek & what an adventure!

    ReplyDelete