Saturday 13 July 2024

Day 34(Sat,13July2024) from 42 km to .. (from BCR)

 Day 34(Sat,13July2024) from 42 km to .. (from BCR)


onto the road by 9am. A sign I don’t like:


A cool breeze, and warm sun. Walking while I munch on some brekki and write this blog. What a beautiful day. 

This pic misses the cool breeze, & the grasses shimmering.


Listening to those ancient Judeo-/Christian Proverbs 

Just heard “Above all else guard your heart, for everything else flows from it.” True eh? What you let yourself love will affect the kind of person you become .  .. I’m seeing it in me.


Walk, walk, over plain, over rail bridge while talking on phone to my neighbour back home, and waterhole, LH view:

& then RH view:

up rise. Here’s a panorama view  to the East (mostly) of the road, half way up. Rats, these photos flatten it so much that they “lie”:


11:40--1pm-  break under tree with feet up, writing & putting photos in blog & lunch .


Up & at ‘em… or on ‘em. Walked on, & soon got a text from my daughter & her hubby who are joining me for a few days, and decided to stop in the shade at the 30km (from BCR) for a half day off. Work out how to put audio on the blog, and mull on some bits of Kohelet (Ecclesiastes) that seem pertinent to me on this walk. I find I often want to talk; but I'm really here to listen & learn, before I put my foot in things. It's hard for an old bloke to get into your head! This is my poemish reflection on my need. It's called "Get real.." ( btw. I was shocked when I heard quite a well spoken woman (but also a dairy farmer's daughter) talk about "a turd", we didn't commonly use that word growing up, but to her it just meant a small, well formed poo, with their distinct shape.)



They should arrive shortly. So I'll put the kettle on!


Then we'll decide whether to camp here, or go to BCR and camp there, and I might walk back in from here tomorrow.


See you soon-
.....,............................................

er, or later...
Yup. They come.. around 5:15pm that afternoon Matt and Annabelle arrived, & we made camp there 

at ~30km from Balyando Crossing Roadhouse (BCR) for the night, and booked a motel room for the following night at BCR.






No comments:

Post a Comment