Saturday 6 July 2024

Day 27.3 (Sat 6July2024) from Capella to …

 


Up before 7, hoping to be on the road by 7:30am. 

Thanks to Lee & Jess, and John, & creative love who would make these amazing humans, (& many more, like my family, of origin & destiny)..


See how we go today… actually got going ~ 7:40am.


Walked past this fellow, whom I got a picture of last night:






I'm going to start an occasional Tongue Twister thing called a 



Rhyming/miming climbing,

meaning gleaning meme-ing..

’STUNG SCHFISTER


(The idea is to say it out loud, for maximal understanding of yourself, &/or another person. And then see if they can say it too.)



  1. Cautious horses 

nuzzle muzzles. 

Bridal ride (elope) - away with Groom. 




Two days ago when I was getting closer to Capella, I tried to get in contact with an old school buddy who came from Capella. We were at a boarding school at the time - he was a border, and I was a day boy in Rockhampton. Sure enough got onto his nephew Ben. he said that his uncle Russell was over in Vietnam or somewhere helping them learn or studying how to grow rice. Good on ya Russ.



This morning my wife and our daughter and son-in-law and two grandkids rang by video call on the edge of Capella, and we talked for a while & caught up a little bit. Great chance to catch up with family and keep in touch.



A good chance to listen to those nine chapters of those ancient Proverbs. Well an introduction to those ancient Proverbs, that I'm trying to get inside of me to learn to be wise. One day, perhaps.


Finished listening to an audio-book “Reading … with Eastern Eyes”. And listening further to Ian McGilchrist’s fascinating  book on the Right & Left hemispheres of the human brain…The Master & His Emissary as I walk.. finished both today. Very very interesting.


About 4 people stopped today to just check how I was going and offer water or a lift or just to tune in. How lovely to come from a human race where some can slow down and be concerned with each other's progress. 


Lovely views as you walk along. About 30 min before sunset:


Checked out some free camping, but it wasn’t quite half way, so I moved on. Looking at the Santa Gertrudis stud farm I was wondering whether to ring up their contact number and ask if I could camp on their property when the farmer and two other people drove in, in his ute. He said fine so I'm just going up the driveway behind some trees and then I'll text him my blog. 



Thanks David.


The 2 groups I am sponsoring:


For Movember and the Bible Society, both of which I am sponsoring,..  Here are  the two QR code, with links if you hit on the codes..



Movember: for Men’s mental health & prostate cancer research & support:

.....................,...................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment