Friday 5 July 2024

Day 26.3, Fri 5/7/24 to Capella

 Day 26.3, Fri 5/7/24 to Capella


.

On the road again at 7:25 a.m. 77k to go to Clermont.


Listening to “Reading Romans (a First Century letter to Jesus followers in the capital city of the Roman Empire)...with Eastern Eyes”.. beautiful. A break before 12, walk through some little drops of rain… 


My daughter sends a text to see if it will work for her and a hubby to come and walk take turns in walking with me for a couple of days in the middle of July and ask what I think of that said marvelous. 


But it does give me an idea: what if anyone else wanted to do that and could then also give me a lift back towards Dubbo or Orange or Sydney around the 26th so I could get home by the 29th for a hospital appointment on the 30th. I suppose I should put it out there and see.


.12:51pm another ute stops & two young blokes just inquired a see I'm doing okay..

Thanks fellows.



At nearly 1:00 p.m. I come across this sign of advancement:


Who we! Thanks for the good gifts, of bodies legs and arms carts friends neighbors friendly people and a kind of a new family of those committed to creative love and to living creative friendliness out in their way of life. And for the methodology of letting those good gifts interact with me and into my life in the right way of simply being grateful. Thank you every one in that list; and especially to creative heséd (hesed: a Hebrew word meaning: loyal commitment, faithful keeping of one's word, which expresses itself by creating new ways of connecting)


Put my feet up again at a Lookout just outside of Capella, I was wondering whether I should have Sunday off in Capella or on the road between Capella and Claremont or miss it this Sunday & have a day off when I get to Claremont on Monday. Did a search for some church groups in Capella on my way through..  Found one minister who said he would shout me to a coffee. 

After going again I had a very sore left foot .. turns out I've got some stings there either on my sock or in the shoe or on my foot as I put it in to the shoe.  Looks like a couple of ant bites but it's very sore, I'll have to see what happens now.


Got into the edge of town:


2:50pm might try for a pie? And see what happens. 

No expectations. Live expectantly!


A gentle breeze starts up. I recall that in ancient Greek, & Hebrew the same word was used for wind, spirit, breath, & energy. Yeshua (Jesus) spoke to a religious leader using a poetic play on words between the concepts of wind, and spirit; & breathed on his followers and said receive the holy pneuma (spirit, energy, breath, wind). I look and see the trees swaying in this pneuma... I think this might be holy ground. I start a poem-ish reflection (that I finish before sleep at night). "born of the spirit [Airborne - Zephyr (a gentle constant breeze)]



At Lewo’s Cafe, in Capella, 


when I asked if they could do a good coffee, Toby said he was the barista & they were the Best in the Central West. I said, sure give me a large (have here) one of them, please. He delivered it to my table. It was indeed the largest coffee I’ve had in a long time, (I had forgotten to say “extra hot”, but this was) just as I like it, HOT, flavoursome, aesthetically pleasing. Good job, Toby! 

Thank you.That was a good coffee!

Then I got a shot with Bella, Ava, (who also served in the shop) & gave them the blogsite.



Heading down the street, Lee,stopped me to say G’day. He had passed me a few times in the last few days. And he gave me some money for a drink. So I accepted it. Thanks mate. 

More than that, he & his daughter, went and talked to two local Motels to get a room for me for the night, and found one, all covered between them and the owner of the Bottlebrush Servo/Motel. Lovely. 


Lee didn’t expect to be in town tonight, but he  suggested that I go up to the pub for a drink & that this town is very generous for good causes, which he seemed to think that Movember (men’s mental health & prostate cancer), & The Bible Society [both of which are often ignored till it’s too late], were good causes. I agree, so I said I will go up. 

Here are  the two QR code, with links if you hit on the codes..

His daughter might pop in too if she doesn’t join Dad at his party in Emerald 

.. see how we go..

This blog is:




On the way up to the pub, I got to talk with John, who owns the Bottlebrush Motel, who has battled with cancer. He contributes to this community in great ways, & nearly died. But he said I don't think he's ready (pointing to the sky) for a bastard like this up there." I said it seemed to me like he would love to have a bastard like him up there. Thanks John for your hosting of me, along with Jess with her Dad as her confidence booster.


Lee & his daughter Jess both ended up being at the pub when I went there and I got to draw them both (& talk with Michael (from Emerald) after I drew Jess.



Jess got to take a photo of some of the QR codes and might see if others can donate to those good causes too, through tik tok. What a fun night.





No comments:

Post a Comment