Monday 20 June 2022

waif or ward? (2..)




I often wake at night and then I know

that as I'd like my woman to respond

to overtures of love, so love will grow

between us - that's how I move things along:


by moving right against my own desires,

and treating them as secondary to 

the will of who's my Lord, what he aspires

to wake & grow in me, and wants to do.


As I respond to overtures that come

into my being (which are likely to

grow my respect for who will lead me), some-

times I then grow to guess what you might do.


And that is fun, to let creative love, grow more commitments in me than I had

from my de-si-res (not yet from above

me), and the outcomes aren't what I'd call bad.


The empty way of life I got from my

dead ancestors who've gone ahead and left 

approaches - How to live my life, and die,

has lost it's motive force, unless I heft


upon it "my de-si-res", as its lead.

These small-minded, and an-im-al-ist-ic,

(yet often quite insatiable) things need

quite cle-ar bound'ries, they aren't my mys-tic-


al teachers, leaders, who can grow me up.

But one there was, who led the way, his feet

have made the path he trod, till it erupt-

ed in a resurrection life that's sweet!




No comments:

Post a Comment