Saturday 17 August 2024

Day 8 (from Charters)

 Thursday 15th Aug 2024 CE


Thinking (through the early morning), and cold, I decided to catch some thoughts that wandered by, on moving forward in the human project before I took off this morning, so it is 8:40am before I’m up… try for 9 on the road…


A lot of thoughts pass by on the road. You see a lot of animals, alive & dead. They seem more present, and less automatically connected with humans, than in the city. But obviously they are still very affected


That Left / Right Hemisphere (of the human brain) thing is haunting me.. and the insight certainly gives me pleasure… while drawing, poem-izing, singing, as well as note taking etc. the way the LH-emisphere  itemizes, pins up, mechano-like puts together and pulls apart, and identifies & names every sub-part. Can be helpful, but can never bring life. It aids & abetts life through “animals” / machinery/ structures. The RH-emisphere on the other hand recognises a face, perceives character, fits into a much bigger story or picture, in a helpful way. The trick seems to be to use both as helpful, keeping the RH in charge, which keeps giving the LH all it can do anyway! I just realised the wisdom in not worrying about the supportive structures like money, clothes, transport, food; when I’ve got a body that works, & life in that body. The giver of body, health, & life won’t baulk at those lesser things once we’ve been given the greater. Concentrate on connecting to the world out there, and the giver of it to us, and the giver of us to the world! Well, here’s a day to do just that!


At ~10:15am, Looking back there is another sign telling how far I’ve come from Charters Towers





Craig Herring stopped ahead of me, pulled his car off the road and brought me a cold water and a toasted ham & cheese sanga..



We had been introduced by Jesse Adams at the Charters Towers sale yards a few weeks ago. We chatted for about half an hour about everything, including properly prompting other drivers to wave or lift a finger when you pass them… and then realised there were things to do & places to go. He did a U-turn down the road a bit then came on by. 




“I’ll see you on Saturday!” he had said as he got in the car. How fun. Thanks heaps Craig! Thanks to friendliness that allows for things like that to happen too. 



Stopped for a 40 min lunch break: and a lady in a truck collecting and putting out cattle  things (? Licks?) popped over to check I was ok. 




How good eh. Thanks for your concern and plain interest in another human being, not to control, but to add to the whole project. Who made humans to be able to even do this? I s'posed others like our parents influence us a fair bit, and our own choices as well….



At 1:40pm a forward looking sign of things to come:


So I’m thinking that the toilet block is likely to be in about 10 km… but I really have no idea, only going off a trucker the other night saying he thought it was “about the middle”. Google’s satellite photos weren’t clear enough in this area to see.



At 5:15 I see this… 5 km to go..


At 5:47pm:



At ~6:30pm I arrive…. Boil some water for noodles, toilet, wash, hang up clothes, bed before 9pm


M


No comments:

Post a Comment