Thursday 29 August 2024

Day 22 (from Charters)

Day 22 (from Charters) [Thurs 29/8/2024]


  • 7am- rise. Pack trolley and gear into van, 

  • 7:30- breaky, 

  • 8am- to last walking point, where Ric picked me up from on Tuesday arvo at ~6:15pm (near Mt.G. golf-course turn-off).




Woke early and had some time for reflection. Felt like I was led along a route for ..assessing my own cultural & subcultural practices and priorities. While I am connecting daily with my Dad, (& maybe others, whom I have been talking with) this might be a good time to come up with helpful tools to aid in the development & transmission of hope, thoughtful, and committed altruism, and faithfulness. Both “tools”, & “tool-making processes”. 


(This won’t interest most people and it is probably a function of my age, & personality, and stage, and life-style choices, & situation on a walk that is also a pilgrimage)


9:10am a welcome sign. 



So I did walk to Mt. Garnet, even though I am now planning to turn left at Nymbool Rd. before the bridge that appears to be the start of most of the  houses & businesses.


repeat…                              repeat…



And that’s a rest area with parking space for trucks behind the LH sign,

Right on the corner of the Highway & Nymbool road., with a toilet/shower, complex with beautiful drinkable water.

Up Nymbool Road, I go talking on the phone to my sister who rang to say G’day. We have talked more recently, because she has broken both wrists and I am walking… Thanks Shell… and the maker of family! Then Adrian said to pop into his Gallery (which is presently for sale) for a cuppa. So here I am, just before 10am.



A lovely cuppa at his house over the road and down the hill a bit. Then onto this amazing road again.


No comments:

Post a Comment