Tuesday 27 August 2024

Day 20 (from Charters)



Tuesday 27Aug2024


Due to get 40 km today if possible, so an early start.

Thanks to Ric’s generosity I got to the front gate of “Sundown” by 6:45am, and waved “Goodbye” to Ric before picking up my two walking sticks (straight, and curved).

200 m up the road we come close to Sugarbag yards.

A business opportunity [which I am learning can be a real service to the community, with the hard work to keep ticks out of this area, and the need to dip, (and spell the cattle?)]


Time to text and blog and some phone calling while reception remains.


My ol' dad thinks he's swung a deal with a NZ company, (playing the cards of nimble-ness & having a  responsible HR driving licence),  to hire a motorhome in Cairns today. 


We should know by about 10 this morning. 


Dad’s flight is delayed by over an hour…


Lunch time, I pass this sign and decide to try to get 1 or two more km under my belt, but

after half a km, Ric comes along with a surprise lunch of steak and a cold drink. How good. Thanks Ric. Thanks to the maker of all Rics.


Some time listening to and kind of “chanting” Ancient Near East proverbs, to get another world-view, the mindset of ancient cultures into me, to have an alternative to my birth culture obtained from late 20th Century Western civilization.


4:30pm a sign of progress:

Wow, how amazing to have mobile phones. Got to meet a new acquaintance, and talk with one of my son's for 30 min each…


Ric came and picked me up about 6:20pm. He had cooked a lovely spag Bol, so as soon as my Dad arrived around 7pm, we tucked in. Delish!

Thanks Ric, for the lift, and for dinner, and for the fire..


Thanks to the source of the loveliness of food, the added dimension that considerate-ness and friendship add to life, and the goodness of design and carefully planning with appropriate broadness, so as to maintain maximum flexibility. What a good job!


No comments:

Post a Comment