Monday 26 August 2024

Day 19 (from Charters)

Day 19 (from Charters)



Slept in till soon after 7am. Dress, breaky, play piano out in the hall where a honkey-tonk piano waited. Helped Rheta look for glasses and hair brush lost yesterday. Then Adrian and Lydell arrived in a ute to take me out to the spot I stopped at yesterday, where I left my trolley. It was still there, so we had coffee together at Pinarendi Station Van park & cafe. We talked, looked in the garden…

and previewed a YouTube video clip on interpreting various ancient literature, and I drew Adrian (& Lyndell), whom I missed doing yesterday:

Then we went back to the trolley, and loaded it onto the ute & they sent me walking on my way before lunch.


I got to talk with some family members on the phone. Thank you Shell, and Mill; and whoever thought up family.


Before I had gone 10 km. A Ford Transit van slowed and James’ cheery face peered out, keen to catch up, and show me his pioneering vehicle … Australia’s first Recreational e-vehicle - an electric Ford Transit van, 

being decked out for camping. He offered me a cold ginger beer, and we shared the cold pizza I got for lunch at the Pinarendi Station. We could have talked for hours more. 

And spoke of catching up again. Thanks James for your partnership with generous hospitality and open hearted sharing. And, thanks to generosity, hospitality & openness for embodying yourselves in James.


At 5pm I come across a sign:




At 5:12pm arrive at …. On the right:


and on my left:


Well, I went with Travis in the truck,and Ric followed in his car. I was the gate opener/closer. We had some cold end-of-the-day drinks, heard some stories, & I drew pictures. Then the family on Sundown invited Ric & I to join them for a delicious steak dinner and an apple crumble & ice-cream dessert. What a feast. Thanks to Grant and Leola for including me & Ric too. (Left to Right these are: Ric, Lexie, Regan, Grant, Beau, Leola)



We got a few more drawings and other pictures in. 

From L to R, above there was Ric, who was my transport. Thanks Ric. Then me and Travis, with Wes in front (you wouldn’t believe he was 61 would you?). Kieran & Robert managed to escape from all photos. (Kieran arrived at his desired aim by offering to take our photos - smart one!) Thanks for your company too, men.


I feel a special comraderie with Travis & Wes (& Wes’ family). They have shown true mateship to me, while I’m doing something that probably seems quite weird to them. Thanks you blokes, and your family members, like Wes’s sister, Haley & Trav’s sister Leah, and some other workers with them. I hope we see each other more on this planet.


As we were leaving, Beau offered one of his recent pictures to me, as I had done to him.


How special! Thanks. I'll share it here:


I commented on the bowl. Can you guess why the bowl near the dog (and turtle) has the name “Garry” on it?...

Well… as was told me, all the animals the find on their property are named “Garry”, there’s “Garry dog”, “Garry snake” etc



No comments:

Post a Comment