Wednesday 3 August 2022

Wed 3rd Aug 2022C.E., from Moree towards the border (Mungindi).. 1

7:15am breaky and a bible reading with my hosts, Phil & Fiona.

8:10am, out on the road. Get some provisions.


9:00am heading out of town. 

.

I got to  do some texting and phonecalls with old friends from 45years ago, and more recently too. Lovely to have time for catching up. 


And I start listening to that book on War of words, by Paul David Tripp (Audible). Sounds like it'll be good for me. 


Got about 12km (so with the trolley I am doing about 4km/ hr.), then had a  break about noon. Plan to be up and head off again by 1pm.

.

Shoulders are sore, possibly from pulling the trolley. Hope I haven't pulled a muscle or something. (Creative love please help me out with this). We'll see.



.


At Ashley, Peter (a welder and prof. Shooter etc.) called out from his home, to see if I needed water, then offered me a spot to stay for the night. So I left my trolley in his yard, then he'll pick me up tonight on his way home, and drop me off on the road to Garah tomorrow. It might even work to drop off my trolley at Garah in the morning, and drop me off where I got to on Wednesday. 


Another ute drove past & did a U-ey to come back and check if I'd like a lift.

Clair & Peter, offered a lift to Garah.


Pete and his son Callum picked me up around 7pm from the road. Travelling without the trolley and in the cool of the evening meant that I made about 34km today. An amazing day. Pete & Callum had dropped off some pig traps, and then Pete had shot a 74kg boar, & it was on the back of the ute. We dropped it off at the chiller.

.


Pete filled out all the paperwork, and we went home for drinks, showers, dinner and bed! Thanks Peter & Callum.



No comments:

Post a Comment