Thursday 12 September 2024

Break-Day 003 (after Lakeland) Thurs 12 Sept 2024 …




… another kind of walking - through life - with the same walking partner, but on a break from this symbolic gesture, this pilgrimage/walk.




Got out the front to the taxi 1 min late. Sahil (the Sikh) was our driver again.. great trip, good service. Checked Dad’s baggage in with Jetstar, I’m flying Virgin a.t.m., then we finished breaky and had a couple of cups of milk to use up the UHT 1 litre of milk. Got through the security check, to the gates and had another minute together.. before I’m boarding and sitting beside a trainer/assessor with Major, who is on the way to Rocky, via Brisbane [since Bonza ( who offered 2 direct flights per week) went broke].


On the other side of me in the plane was Cynthia Sabah (lady in plane from Cairns to Brisbane), her daughter Anita Sachlikidis - is a writer of Children's books (sold via Amazon) for age 6-10 the Dragon pet series (2 about girl dogs and about a girl cat; ($15) & for 8-12 (Archie & the amazing chickens & sequel. ($20) & Cheaper for the pack of four)...


Grandchildren




Elena was a runner, who could run.

She loved to do the Park Runs, and she trained,

She tried to beat the Susan, just for fun,

and beat her by a metre, as she gained.




And Luca was her brother who ran too,

& learned to overcome adversity,

he loves to play at Minecraft and to do

some chook & cat (& guinea-Speck) sitting.




Had time in the plane from Brisbane to Sydney to reflect on lessons I need to learn from the last two weeks. I was talking to a mother and son combo, and then, with the mother’s ok to talk with her son primarily, I managed to miss the attention and interest of the son. I now see this as a bad “sin”, or at least a great pity. Such a precious opportunity, should be appreciated and treasured, not misused. Please forgive me. 


Then in a similar (though opposite) situation with a Senior Biology school student, with my lack of tuning in to what was important for the other person, and what causes fear for them, I think I made it hard for the student (while, at the time, I was trying NOT to fall into that kind of thoughtlessness, but, completely unaware of it, I did anyway, because I was too “gung ho”!. Oh, what a sadness. Live & learn! 


Oh please creative hon’rable friendship

please help me grow in thoughtfulness to show

the nature of yourself, and not to slip

into the confidence that’s just gung ho!





Paul (de) Walker

yvalker.blogspot.com.au


No comments:

Post a Comment