Friday 27 September 2013

Responses Walking on the 3rd day

Some of the best things about being alone walking over kms of bush, is that no one is with me, so I can sing to the rhythm of my walking stick on the track.  I can let my heart learn to be thankful, and to learn to live in the care & provision of the most creative person,  who treats me as his son. Some times I make up ditties that I don't expect anyone else to understand. Some times I critique my interactions with people, and practice better ways of responding.
Tonight, I was walking till about 8pm (with a light), on the wrong side of the highway. When a car came I'd stop & get off the road, then when it had passed,I'd start off again. Wow, some people are so thoughtful. Once tonight a cheery fellow stopped on the deserted highway next to me, and said "Do you want a lift mate? I said "No thanks", and asked him if he knew how far to the next town. He didn't, but offered a lift again anyway (a tourist, I thought). I said I was doing a kind of pilgrimage and trying to walk, and he took off again. After, I felt like I wanted (in a situation like that in the future)  to honour such a thoughtful offer more. Maybe I could verbalizeize my appreciation more than just saying "No, thanks", with  "Thanks for such a thoughtful offer." Or "Wow, how thoughtful, that reminds me of a really thoughtful friend"... I hope I can grow appreciation in the garden of this life. I practiced saying these sort of responses out loud, to try to give me alternative habits. God, pls make it stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment