Wednesday 25 September 2013

First night since the start.

Well, a great time with God this morning. Explored as much as I could from 3:30, then decided against trying for S.E. Cape. Left South cape at 7am. I never saw a human person from South Cape to Cockle Creek (nor the arvo/night before, after Hannah dropped me off & prayed for me - what a dear daughter).
There was much oh-ing & ah-ing this arvo as the blisters set in & the bones/muscles complained. Have I brought too much? Still working it out. I haven't got a tent at the mo., just a picnic blanket, a little blue tarp & an emergency plastic rain coat. Wow, I'm glad of those. It was drizzle on & off last night & today.
Hardly got any food, bought a bag of apples on the way from Hobatt, & Hannah gave me some nut mix & a bag of muslie. Wow, thank you God, that here at Ida bay there is a little tourist railway, & "rustic cabins" for $25 a night.

I've already got a fire going in the communal kitchen's wood heater.

Today walked about 5-7 km with a retiree fellow who's (still working, but) staying at one of the free camp-sites along my road north, but was at Cockle Creek this morning. I'm learning to cheat off Jesus, to be quick (active) to listen. A pleasant walk, Phil helped me keep going, & I think I helped him in that too, he was surprised how quick the journey went.

I'm trying to go through my poem "miss ta walker" each day, through a chapter (or 5-7 storylets) of Mark's telling of a bigger than Caesar, polital, world ruler who has already been christened "Leader of Humanity" (his first century Greek doc is commonly called by an old English word: "gospel"). & the Celtic prayers (morning, lunch, & evening/compline) each day.

Better go and get my spaghetti, & look at those Celtic prayers.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment