Friday 15 January 2016

Day 8 (Fri15Jan)

Day 8 walking: Fri15Jan

Today we packed the tent at about 6:30am,and had an egg & bacon pie and a hot drink for breakfast & we finished off some of Mark 8 that remained from yesterday, and said goodbye to Dave Rosali who was catching the bus from penguin at 10:15..

(It was going to be close; later in the day he texted me to say- He made it!)

Greg & I were on the road by 7:45am a bit late. A beautiful first hour of solitude, I ended up short cutting on a long curving Beach and getting ahead of Greg. this time a man came out of his home and waved to me and we got talking. As I was about to go he asked if I liked zucchinis, he was about to set up a roadside stall selling his wife's yellow zucchinis, so he gave me one for free for tea.

After an hour we stopped and had a cuppa and a table and chairs by the road. then quickly put in another 2 hours, arrived near Burnie and had lunch at Wivenhoe. I put my feet against a tree for a full hour after lunch which was fish and chips. Then another quick Cuppa and off we went. We had some interesting times trying to find alternatives to the highway in the city. After a Macca's cone each, we finally arrived at the Burnie Holiday caravan park at about 3:30. I was done for the day. Greg wanted to pay for this stint. We put up the tent and Greg went searching for something for tea and especially breakfast tomorrow. While Iput my legs up on a chair I got to know Morgan a fellow from Paris, France.He was very concerned with the events there recently, & is glad to be here in Australia.Greg returned with UHT milk & Nutri-Grain for both tea & breaky, I was happy with that, so we had a bowl along with a cuppa and finished the last four stories of Mark 9. I cut up the zucchini and gave it to some neighbours who could use it.I sat (with my feet up against the BBQ) near the phones to charge them until about 9:30. Grego was wrecked too, so he hit the sack about 7:30-ish, & I'll join him before 10. (By 9pm it was c-c-cold! We're going to try to get up an hour earlier tomorrow & take off in the cool. We'll see how we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment