Wednesday 13 January 2016

Day 6 (Wed13Jan) v3

ouray 6, Wed 13Jan

Up at 6am, cuppa, breaky, a drama with the key, then we headed off and caught the ferry accross the Mersey? River, then up Steele Street onto the "Sawdust Bridge" (a foot and cycle bridge, then up a winding way to the highway again.




We tried to walk just outside the carriage-way.

A beautiful walk beside the sea, though my legs are puffing more, (I had to stop after 2hrs and put my feet up for 30min, & blisters still make it hard to get going after a break.

We finally arrived (or hobbled) Into Turners Beach about 12:30pm, bought some lunch at a cafe La Mar,My ankles (up to the sock-line are blotchy red & blowing up.



Just like the other times. I have to stop and put my feet up after each hour for about 10 min (especially in the second half of the day) & do it for about an hour at lunch.This is more frustrating for the other two, but so far we are negotiating the pitfalls, as we learn to listen.



We sat in the shade (with my legs up) had a resta, booked into a Caravan Park down the road, "did" Mark 7, shared some tea, A lovely caravan park that said "no vacancy", but Luke and his wife found a spot for us and looked after us as though we were royalty.I had a swim in the Bass Strait. Delicious on my ankles and feet! Talked abit with some Belgium campers an off to bed after ( and before some more) rain.

Yup, Craig, the tent leaks a bit, as you warned us, and we didn't get that seam sealant! So far (luckily) it has rained for more than 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment