Thursday 30 May 2024

Split, splot, splat..


Split:


I am about to split. Today the train is booked to Dubbo, then bus to Lightning Ridge, where I'm staying in town overnight, then bus to St. George in the morning... Meet my new walking partner Ethan and off we go North again.

Some family, friends, and neighbours sent me off at breaky:



And another neighbour joined me for a coffee as he dropped me off at the station:





Splot: 


See some thoughts from this morning here, on the kind of Dad-Joke humour that creative love has been shunting my way and helping me to  appreciate.




Splat:


They say it will start raining up there tomorrow... See how we go in the rain. Reminds me of that children's song: "...Jumping in the puddles with a slit, split, splat". 

The people who have stored my trolley in their shed, said my new walking buddy could stay with them too, & reminded me that they were willing to drop me out to where I got before, then pick me up at the end of the day, and give me a bed for the night, then do that for a day or two. How good to walk without the trolley, and worry of setting up and packing up camp for the night. Thank you to Michael & Robyn of the Bush Disciples Church in St. George. I hope we can have Sunday off to hang out with them this weekend. We'll see how things go.


No comments:

Post a Comment